Applicable starting [October 1st 2020]
A-Volute may amend this policy from time to time by posting a revised version on its website, and without giving you notice, so please check this policy each time you visit the A-Volute’s website and take note of the date of the last update.
Use of our software:
WHEN YOU ARE USING ANY A-VOLUTE’S SOFTWARE, A-VOLUTE DOES NOT COLLECT ANY DATA THAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFY YOU OR ANY PERSONAL DATA.
Use of our other services, applications, and website:
a) Fulfil our contractual and business obligations towards you; and
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. The key articles of the GDPR, as well as information on its business impact, can be found throughout this site: https://www.eugdpr.org/
Article 1 – Data Controller
The Data Controller of the Personal Data is A-Volute, a French company headquartered at Polygone Square Bâtiment 2, 19 Rue de la Ladrie – 59650 Villeneuve d’Ascq, France, registered in the Company Register of Lille Métropole under number 453 587 420.
Article 2 – Data collection
Subject to applicable laws, we collect information, including Personal Data, about you or any third party whose information is provided to us when you:
• Provide your contact details when you sign up for our newsletter;
• Complete online forms (including reminder requests), take surveys, or participate in any activity offered on the various interactive spaces present on our website or on our application or service;
• Interact with us using social networks;
• Contact us to use our support services;
• Provide your contact details when you register or access any website, application or service that we make available or when you update these details; and
• Contact us offline, for instance by phone, fax, SMS, e-mail or mail.
Third party data
Article 3 – Use of Personal Data
Subject to applicable laws, we collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• Provide any information and services you have requested and the applications or services you have ordered;
• Provide, maintain, protect and enhance the applications, products, services and information you have requested from us;
• Manage and administer the use you make of the applications, products and services you have asked us to provide;
• Manage our business relationship (for instance, customer services and support activities);
• Monitor, measure, enhance and protect our content, websites, applications and services and provide you with a personalized and quality user experience;
• Perform internally controls on our websites, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security, provision and performance. Where applicable, we will use an anonymized form of any information used for such purposes;
• Provide you with any information we are required to provide to you in order to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
• Detect, investigate or prevent criminal, illegal or prohibited activities, or protect our rights (including liaising with law enforcement and regulatory agencies for these purposes);
• Contact you to find out if you want to participate in our customer surveys (for example, feedback on your use of our applications, products and services);
• Provide you with advertisements, marketing messages or targeted information that may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
• Deliver content and services jointly with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will retain your information after you cease to use A-Volute websites, applications or services, for a limited time. This information will be kept and used for legal, regulatory, anti-fraud and legitimate conduct of our activities for the legally permitted duration.
Our websites, applications (including mobile apps) and services may contain technologies that allow us to:
• Verify specific information from your device or systems necessary for your use of the websites, applications or services in relation to our records to ensure that the websites, applications or services are used in compliance with our end user license and for the purpose of solving potential problems;
• Obtain information about technical errors or other issues related to our websites, applications and services;
• Gather information about how you make use of the features of our websites, applications and services.
You can manage your privacy settings in your browser.
A-Volute uses marketing automation platforms. A-Volute sends e-mail communications, particularly via third parties (notably Mailchimp). The functionalities and integrations of the marketing automation platforms allow their customers to send marketing e-mails, automated messages and targeted campaigns.
Article 4 – Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with:
• Our service providers and agents (including their subcontractors) or third parties who process information on our behalf (for instance, Internet platform or service providers such as Mailchimp, payment processors and companies we use to help us send you communications) so that they can help us provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have been interested in receiving or which, from our point of view, would be likely to interest you;
• Partners, including system builders, resellers, distributors, software vendors, and developers, who help us provide you with the applications, products, services, and information you’ve requested or who, from our point of view, are likely to interest you;
• Third parties, when you have a relationship with them and have consented to us transmitting information (for instance, social networking sites or other third-party application providers);
• Third parties for marketing purposes (e.g. our partners and other third parties with whom we work and whose products, from our point of view, may be of interest to you.;
• Regulators, to meet the legal and regulatory obligations of A-Volute;
• Police authorities, so that they can detect or prevent crimes or prosecute offenders;
• Any third party, in the context of existing or pending legal proceedings, provided we are legally entitled to do so (for example, in response to an order issued by a court);
• Any third party to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including legal or regulatory reporting and the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
• Our own auditors and consultants, to fulfil our audit responsibilities;
• Another company, if we sell or buy an activity or assets (or negotiate the sale or purchase of an activity or assets);
• Any other company to which we may be liable to assign the contract which binds us; and
• Public bodies that the law in force requires to inform.
We may share, publicly or with third parties, information about our websites, applications, products or services to the exclusion of any information that may identify you.
Article 5 – Marketing
We may occasionally use your information to contact you for the purpose of providing you with information about our applications, products and services that may be of interest to you. To this end, you can be contacted by e-mail or Windows notifications (banners) on your device. You have the right to ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. If you wish, you may exercise these rights by selecting your contact preferences where you provide us with your Personal Data on our websites, applications or services, using any preference center to which we give you access or in us, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also unsubscribe from any marketing campaign and/or advertising by e-mail by clicking on the link included in the emails we send you or by updating your preferences in our application on your device.
Article 6 – Your rights
If you live in the EEA or in another region governed by comparable data protection laws, in some cases you will have the following rights:
• The right to know how we use your data and the right of access to your data;
• The right to request the modification or deletion of your data as well as to limit the processing of your data;
• The right to oppose the processing of your data, for example for marketing purposes or when their use is based on our legitimate interest;
• The right to receive data about you that you have provided automatically in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to have it sent directly to another company, if technically feasible (“Data Portability”);
• When you have consented to the processing of your data, the right to withdraw your consent in accordance with legal or contractual limitations;
• The right to refuse any decision based on automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
• The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection issues (for instance, the French data protection authority (CNIL)).
If you request to receive a copy of your data, you may be required to pay certain fees.
If we have incorrect information about you or if your contact information has changed, we thank you for informing us so that we can correct and update our files.
We will retain your personal data for the duration of our relationship and after its expiration for the period of time necessary for the legitimate conduct of our business, or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In cases where we no longer need your Personal Data, we will destroy it in a secure way (without sending you any other notice).
Article 7 – Storage and Processing
We ensure the security of your data by taking the necessary technical and structural measures to prevent their unlawful or unauthorized processing or accidental loss, destruction and/or damage. We strive to protect your Personal Data as much as we can. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites, applications or services or to other Internet sites, applications and services via an Internet connection or any other connection. If we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password that allows you to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services, please keep it confidential; we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe that your account has been hacked, please contact us at email@example.com.
Article 8 – Data transferred outside the EEA
In the European Union, Personal Data is protected by data protection laws. However, other countries do not necessarily protect your Personal Data in the same way.
Our websites, our services and applications may also be hosted in the United States or outside the EEA (which is made up of European Union as well as Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). This implies that we may transfer any data transmitted to us via our website, application or service outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to the United States or Canada or other territories outside the EEA.
We may use the services of providers located outside the EEA to help us provide you with our websites, applications and services (such as, for example, platform or payment service providers who help us to deliver our services and applications or execute your payments). This means that we may transmit your Personal Data to service providers located outside of the EEA for the purpose of providing you with our applications and services.
We make sure that when your Personal Data are transferred outside of the EEA, appropriate measures and controls are implemented in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to protect them. In each case, these transfers are made in accordance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and may be based on the use of standard clauses on transfers of Personal Data outside of the EEA.
Article 9 – Hypertext links, Cookies and Google Analytics
The A-Volute websites contain a number of hypertext links to other sites, set up with the permission of A-Volute. However, A-Volute has no opportunity to check the content of the sites visited, and therefore assumes no liability for this fact.
Browsing A-Volute websites may cause the installation of cookie(s) on your computer. A cookie is a small file, which does not allow the identification of the user, but which records information relating to the navigation of a computer on a website. The data thus obtained are intended to facilitate subsequent navigation on the website, and are also intended to allow various measures of attendance. The refusal to install a cookie may make it impossible to access certain services. You can however configure your computer to refuse the installation of cookies.
If you want Google Analytics to stop following you on all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Article 10 – Questions or comments